Re: upcoming beeper compos

Yep, both of my tracks are Ear Shaver EX, and a few more to come sometime soon. I was trying to explore the possibilities of this particular engine and the potential of the whole engine-per-row approach. It is really promising indeed, although I'm thinking to EX it a bit more.

Totally, the strongest compo in years.

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

Congrats utz, excellent track as always.
High quality compo as you guys have said.

I agree about Noise in my head. My favourite, love those drums and delays. I actually thought it was phaser 3 as I’ve heard a phaser 3 track on BOTB with a similar lead sound.

I thought AER’s squat track might’ve been Utz’s at first, again very cool track that I’ll listen to over and over.

I Spent a lot of time on Heartbeat so hoped it would do well.

Yo yo on the other hand, just a few hours but I thought it worth entering as a contrast to the other types of tracks I knew would be entered smile

I might tidy it up a bit for a YouTube release with a suitable mad clubber digitised picture smile

The results:

[ ZX Spectrum Beeper Music ]

1.   7.61   A Strange Game by utz ^ irrlicht project
2.   7.18   Synthetic Heartbeat by Ataritufty ^ 1bit Forum
3.   7.17   Noise In My Head by Shiru
4.   7.14   Cosmic_Puppy by AER
5.   7.06   Traffic Lights by Shiru
6.   6.04   Yo Yo Beep Beep by Ataritufty ^ 1bit Forum
7.   4.33   SAD Beeper by rnR T.A.D. 7E6 ^ s'ky killer's
website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

Shiru wrote:
2.   7.18   Synthetic Heartbeat by Ataritufty ^ 1bit Forum
3.   7.17   Noise In My Head by Shiru

That's insane. Btw, what's "iqm" supposed to be?

Yeah the 2 values are a bit strange.

I missed out on 2nd spot by a similar margin last time so I'm not complaining big_smile

I guess that's because there are too few people in the voting - about 50 total (offline/online), and half of them voting at the place, on pieces of paper, and some of them are not really understand what they're doing (people came here with their families), so it is easy to make mistakes.

One problem is that number of votes is different per each entry, some people chose not to vote for particular entries, and authors generally not voting for their own entries. So if I would vote for my own entry, I'd likely get 2nd with that tiny margin, hehe. As for lqm, I don't really know what it is.

DiHalt 2024
5th-7th of January

Cheers Vinnny. Always a good motivator for me to compose new 1-bit tracks

Some great 1-bit Beeper tracks as always

Congrats to AER on the win

[ ZX Spectrum Beeper Music ]

1.   6.76   Veselaya by AER
2.   6.65   LA-5 by AER
3.   6.03   Beep Machine by Tufty ^ 1bit Forum
4.   5.91   Into the Black by Tufty ^ 1bit Forum
5.   5.68   from the woods by utz ^ irrlicht project

https://events.retroscene.org/dh2024/beeper

Congrats AER smile A well-deserved win.

Sorry, guys, was sick the whole holidays, and skipped the compo altogether. Congrats everyone for keeping it alive!

Looks like Multimatograf is going to have a beeper compo this year. Deadline is April 28th.

https://events.retroscene.org/mf2024#zx_beeper