1 (edited by Shiru 2024-09-04 16:53:18)

Topic: New engine: QChan24 and QChan25

Fresh and hot, just finished the first fully working version. Not tested properly, tho!

- Per note envelopes, attack/decay/sustain types
- Per note volume, detune, legato mode
- Slide up/down for ch1
- Digital drums from Ear Shaver EX

The downside is much larger data format.

Not done with it yet, another flavor of the engine is cooking.

Post's attachments

qchan24_prerelease.zip 9.91 kb, 1 downloads since 2024-09-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

Re: New engine: QChan24 and QChan25

Actually second version is already here, along with minor fixes for the first one.

So, here is two flavors of the engine: QChan24 and QChan25. The difference is that it has 4 or 5 channels. The sound generation algorithm is the same, but the implementation is quite different. QChan25 obviously has a bit lower sound quality and takes even more memory to store song data.

Will include it into the 1tracker package after some testing.

Post's attachments

qchan2x.zip 19.02 kb, 3 downloads since 2024-09-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

Thanks Shiru

Sounds very interesting from the demo track

Just trying it in 1tracker now.
Wow this is a great new sound, love the slides

Wow, I've now taken the octaves down and imported the drums from buzzkik, this is a new level !

Excellent smile

Absolutely loving this engine. Couldn't resist recording and EQing the test track I've been fiddling with:

https://youtube.com/shorts/lCDQjSJGBq4

My apologies Shiru, I'm super pressed on time rn so haven't had the chance to test these. Just judging from Tufty's test track (also heard it without EQ) though, QC24 at least sounds amazing. I think absolutely nailed the volume balance between tones and drums this time.