Topic: new engine: Velvet

Finally got around to finishing the engine based on Kurt James Werner's Velvet Noise technique, specifically Crushed Additive Random Noise. To my knowledge this is the first PFM (pin-pulse) ZX beeper engine that mixes tones and noise. In addition to the noise channel, there are 3 tone channels, all with volume envelopes. Added the synth kick from my new set of reusable click drums for good measure.

source

Post's attachments

demo.tap 1.54 kb, 19 downloads since 2019-09-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: new engine: Velvet

Ooh yeeeeeeees !

Something new again. Love the mix of noise and PFM, I could have some great fun with this, it's got lots of potential.

Look forward to the Bintracker implementation smile

Great work! Having fading noise going on alongside the tone channels definitely brings a new quality into the sound, making it closer to a sound chip of sorts.

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

this one sounds very advanced, quite close to the AY chip. You've moved the boundaries once again!

The engine support has been added to 1tracker. Time to push the boundaries a bit further!

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

Fantastic news. Thanks Shiru