1 (edited by arottenbit 2018-07-04 00:39:31)

Topic: Do I have a broken usb link cable or am I doing something wrong?

Hello there, arottenbit here.
First post, wishing to be more active when I'll get to install damn HT on my TI-82 Parcus.
Nice to meet you!

So I can't work out a way to load the tracker on the calculator. Help me out, please!
I'm using a grey cable bought on the internet, it's usb and emulates a COM connection in port 3.
Everytime I try to upload the CRASH19006.82B file I get an error, same when I try to backup the rom(?) from the TI to my computer.
The screen capture part works tho, so I guess the cable is good.

I really have no idea what to do, please send help!

edit:
I'm attaching a bunch of screenshots of all the error messages i'm receiving and other hopefully usefull data.

Post's attachments

TI82USB9.jpg 1.07 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Do I have a broken usb link cable or am I doing something wrong?

Ciao arottenbit,

Sadly the 82 Parcus is the most crappy of them all, had a lot of trouble getting it to work in the past myself.

Since screen capture works, I assume your setup is correct (using this driver, right?). First thing to check would be the batteries. They should be relatively fresh, but not completely full. About 80-90% charged would be best (contrast level 2-3). CPU speed on the 82 Parcus can vary wildly depending on battery strength, which can cause longer link ops to go out of sync.

Man, I hope we can get this sorted, would love to hear some calculator metal from you! big_smile