Topic: ZX81 corner

Well, after our brief discussion with master utz here, I decided to started this special new topic, for all of you to remember that there another adorable Sinclair machine except of the Spectrum, called the ZX81 (not to mention the mighty QL, hahaha!!!). wink
Of course we all know already and we admired the unique programming masterpiece of utz, called 1k2b, which allows the humble Zeddy to produce 2 channel sound and clicking drums through it primitive MIC output.
This is historically AMAZING and EXTRAORDINARY (I mean it), just imagine uncle Clive listening to that back in 1981, when he was first promoting his no-sound-at-all machine to the british market!! He would simply pull (the rest of) his hair, hahaha!! big_smile

All the people out there, who know a thing or two about Z80 programming and about making music, should definately dedicate some of their time for producing 1-bit music for the Zeddy! It's really worth it!

On the other hand, I know a bit about hardware, so I would happily assist anyone who would like to enhance his Zeddy with the (very simple, indeed) modifications required, in order to produce some proper sound through its output! Just ask anything you like here, or in PM... I could even do the whole thing for someone if he wishes to send me his ZX81 PCB here...

Re: ZX81 corner

Hehe, enough of the honey big_smile The problem is that at the moment there's less than a handful of active developers on here, none of which really have their head in Zeddy stuff. Hmm, perhaps you could poke the nollkolltroll guy, he seems to be one of the most talented ZX81 coders out there at the moment...
Another problem is that at the moment there are no emulators which accurately emulate ZX81 port behaviour (you may remember this was giving us a lot of trouble with 1k2b). And I can't really be bothered to buy a ZXpand just for the purpose.

Well, if you have the time please do post some info about the ZX81 "loud tape" mod here, just in case someone wants to have a go at it.

Here's a link to 1K2B for those who, like me, haven't seen it before smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-q-TogwCQM

utz wrote:

Hehe, enough of the honey big_smile

NEVER enough, I really mean what I say, your achievement is mindblasting and I'd love to see (hear) mooooreeee!!! big_smile

utz wrote:

Well, if you have the time please do post some info about the ZX81 "loud tape" mod here, just in case someone wants to have a go at it.

Here it is, as posted before in the Zeddy forum:
http://sinclairzxworld.com/viewtopic.ph … 266#p16266

It contains all the pics and steps required to easily do the job! Any questions, please feel free to ask anytime!!!
smile