Topic: Unnecessary question

Almost every time I post something onto the forum, the forum asks me how many bits are needed to produce great sound.
The first 10 times I answered it it was even fun! but I guess my patience is wearing thin now. Could you please consider removing this protection measure? We do not seem to have many spambots around here, or do we?

Re: Unnecessary question

Very odd, seems like a bug to me. You should have to answer this only once, when signing up. I hope d0x10 will find the time to update to the latest PunBB version soon. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, in any case.
Afaik we do get a fair share of bots attempting to sign up, so I'd rather not remove this otherwise highly effective measure. (Especially not considering I won't have regular internet access for the rest of the year - might consider removing it when I'm back home in January though).

Hmm, sounds odd, not sure what's the problem. I could update PunBB as it is now available in web hosting service, I have time to do that, assuming all goes well (how often that happens smile).

4 (edited by introspec 2015-12-08 08:59:41)

Would be lovely if you could try it at least. It is not a major issue, just a bit of annoyance really.

5 (edited by garvalf 2015-12-08 09:02:29)

I, too, still get this at random times.

[edit: I just got it when replying to this topic: "How many bits do you need to make great music? Type a word:  "]

OK, I will update PunBB, let's see what happens smile. I am a bit (or more) cautious when making changes to the any system that works mostly, we have two glitches here, unnecessary question and URL's. Not doing it today, I will update at the weekend, it shouldn't be big task (if all goes well) smile

but I think Utz as administrator doesn't get those questions. Probably it's a rights problem. On phpbb you can change the user's status (and rights associated with it) after a few messages, but I don't know punbb.

The spambot questions are done via a plugin in punBB, and it appearantly that plugin isn't very customizable at all. But afaik it still shouldn't ask questions except when signing up. Iirc we had the same setup at the old place, and it wasn't a problem there, right? I guess the problem is rather that the plugin isn't communicating properly with the punBB API.

In any case, let's wait for the update (thanks already d0x10) and see what happens.

yes, I don't think I even got this question on the older board, maybe only on registration.