1 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-10 08:20:50)

Topic: I am having all kinds of problems, apparently

How do I install the drivers for the Silverlink cable in Windows 10?

**EDIT....despite TILP being recommended, it does not work, because there are no drivers for the silverlink cable that work with this software for Windows 10....
I should also go ahead and state that I have 3 ti-graphing calculators (2x TI-83 plus, and 1x TI-83

**after installing TI-Connect, I am getting some functionality, and have sucessfully installed DoorsCs7 on the ti-83+.

I am utterly confounded as to WHY when designing an OS for a MOUSE-LESS system, they would give it a cursor and click interface... WHY??

CURRENT PROBLEM: after successfully wiping the memory of the plain jane ti-83, and running ION, it says ION INSTALLED, BUT when I run "prgmA" all it says is

DONE

2 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-09 08:40:22)

Re: I am having all kinds of problems, apparently

I have these xp drivers from the TILP website, but windows refuses to even consider those files as drivers. I've forcefully installed drivers in the past, but I can't remember what operating system I was using at the time or even what for. also It's 3:39am where I live and my brain is pancake batter after fucking with my commodore shit for 9 hours or so, SO there's that, lol.

3 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-09 08:48:10)

ok, I installed the TI CONNECT software, but TILP still does not see it.

HELP GRAMPA CHECK HIS EMAIL.

Don't install TI-Connect and TiLP at the same time, that's not going to work.
Unless you are using a TI-82, you can theoretically just use TI-Connect, though I faintly recall someone reporting problems with TI-Connect screwing up the HT2.*p files. I'd say give that a try first though.

utz wrote:

Unless you are using a TI-82, you can theoretically just use TI-Connect, though I faintly recall someone reporting problems with TI-Connect screwing up the HT2.*p files. I'd say give that a try first though.

okay, I will try TI-Connect first, but I could not get my computer to recognize the USB device UNLESS I installed TI-CONNECT.

How do I get my computer to see the silverlink cable WITHOUT installing TI-Connect?

6 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-10 08:22:04)

Why is there no concise instructions for installing the Silverlink drivers for Tilp, BUT then Tilp is "highly reccomended", despite it requiring additional 3rd party software, AND not including drivers?

By the way Utz, I SUPER enjoyed all your KEEP ON BEEPING youtube videos.

7 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-10 08:52:07)

oohhh KAAAYYY... i AM MAKING PROGRESS sort of.

I have installed doorsCS7 on one ti-83+, but on the other plain jane TI-83 can't get ION to do anything other than say
"DONE"
I've wiped the memory before installing, and every step seems to be correct up until I try to run program A. It just says
"DONE" ... I guess I'll just leave this alone for now.

***EDIT**** WELL FUCK ME RUNNING, THERE IT IS ON PAGE 9 OF THE MANUAL. I suppose my ADHD got the better of me there.

8 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-10 09:12:03)

it says the program name is not valid, and suggests that I rename it.
sucessfully installed "HT2"

when I try to run it, it says ERR SYNTAX

****OH GODDAMN IT I DID IT AGAIN**** (section 3.3 of manual)

HOLY SHIT, ION IS WORKING.

WE HAVE LIFT OFF ON PLAIN JANE.

9 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-10 09:24:52)

@utz

TI-connect does not like you putting "." in the file names

WE HAVE LIFT-OFF ON TI-83+  (one of them)

10 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-10 09:47:23)

I cannot get these calculators to turn off now.

***EDIT oohhhhkayyy I have to hit ALPHA off now. got it.

I have to turn my studio upside-down to find one of those adaptors now....OR I COULD HACK IN ANOTHER JACK!

Ok, so what's the current state, you got things rolling on the 83+ but not on the 83?

DJ_CYBERDAD wrote:

How do I install the drivers for the Silverlink cable in Windows 10?

**EDIT....despite TILP being recommended, it does not work, because there are no drivers for the silverlink cable that work with this software for Windows 10....

Problem is, there was no Windows 10 when this stuff came out. And then Microsoft made damn sure things will be hell for 3rd party devs who need access to lo-level stuff and don't want to pay $$$ for an agreement with them. Anyway, to make your current setup work with TiLP,  you need to carefully follow all the steps in this guide: https://github.com/debrouxl/tilp_and_gf … ADME.win32

DJ_CYBERDAD wrote:

I am utterly confounded as to WHY when designing an OS for a MOUSE-LESS system, they would give it a cursor and click interface... WHY??

Now that is also beyond me, lol.

12 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-10 11:26:36)

utz wrote:

hey, for the headphone amp, the fritzing file is corrupt, and the gerber files won't download at all.

is there not just a simple schematic? like a jpeg or a png?

Watcha mean, the gerber files won't download? You can't download them from github?
Just grab https://github.com/utz82/HoustonTracker … master.zip and it should have all the stuff.

14 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-11 06:50:41)

utz wrote:

Watcha mean, the gerber files won't download? You can't download them from github?
Just grab https://github.com/utz82/HoustonTracker … master.zip and it should have all the stuff.

phenominal.  Thus so far, I have everything working. Yesterday sucked for me bigtime, and I worked on this when I probably should have been sleeping. I have 2 ti-83+ 's and a plain jane ti-83 and all is moving accordingly.

***2020 CABLE TIP*** those horrendous "retro gaming" gameboy knock off's (nes on a chip) that have suspiciously nice tft-displays and an extra P2 NES controller, come with A **2.5 MM STEREO to RCA cable** that is excellent for plugging HT2 into a mixer. I got one at a goodwill for 4$. I am CONSTANTLY seeing them at flea-markets. Ask the Vendor what he does with the broken/non functioning units. I GUARANTEE he doesn't mail them back.

I wonder how one would get one of those fancy tft screens to replace the shit lcd in an TI-83....hmmmmmm (probably an FPGA). you would need to double or triple the scan, but BOY would it look good! I wonder if the boys at Funnyplaying have tried this yet!

I have opened up the fritzing file so I could read the schematic, and all I could verbally muster was
BABYGIRL, NO, WHAT IS YOU DOIN...

I think he was plugging the connections in so that fritzing would poop out a working PCB.... but outside of that function, this is the 5th worst schematic layout I have ever seen in terms of visual comprehension.
NOW I'm guessing the schematic was autogenerated from the breadboard function of this...but that's visually challenging as well...

I've built dozens of 4049/cmos/bootstrap/hacky audio circuits. It's literally my go-to when I want a noisemaker. after reading a description, i had a pretty concrete mental image of what the basic functionality of this was. Now i'm untangling the schematic to satisfy my pattern-based vampire brain.

ALRIGHT-ALRIGHT-ALRIGHT-ALRIGHT-ALRIGHT-ALRIGHT-ALRIGHT-ALRIGHT,
NOW I understand...mostly...
I have some questions.
I think this circuit appears to be designed by someone who wanted to be "by the book" but not an engineer because they didn't use EAGLE (lol). I see some resistors I feel like we can get rid of without consequence on the voltage supply lines... but I'm probably wrong.

THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE about...

-Why are the inversions run in parallel?
-Why are the inputs pulled up with the 9v>100k ?
-Why are the DC off-set capacitors 22 times the value that they might need to be?

my electronics knowledge is pretty great but incredibly informal, so I am always always learning new things.
(side note: I am a humongous idiot when it comes to coding)

Are there audio before and after headphone amp samples? that would be amazing! this was a terrific re-warmer, as I have not picked apart a circuit in about 2 years!

I can't comment on the headphone amp, since I didn't make that. You'd have to get in touch with @salkinitzor. I can confirm it works, though wink

18 (edited by DJ_CYBERDAD 2021-09-15 07:38:53)

https://i.imgur.com/C9TtFQF.jpg

I'm including this jpg of the fritzing schematic that I cleaned up for anyone else who might want a clear visual schematic. I spent way too much time on this for some reason. Also @salkinitzor doesn't use his twitter too often.

Thank you for this logic-defying-ly rad software! this is great! Now I need to just read the manual!

I put in a 12 and hit enter! no idea whats going on! lol.

Yeah, that looks a bit nicer for sure wink Care to make a pull request on Github, with the updated fritzing file? Or, if you can't be bothered, just attach the .fz here.