Topic: Aphex Twin - Avril 14th Cover made on TI-83

Hi again!

Making this cover song was pure FUN! This is my first try with HT2 - such a lovely tool for experimentation, although requiring planning in advance. I hope you like it smile

https://youtu.be/gfwUwi6cUAk

Re: Aphex Twin - Avril 14th Cover made on TI-83

Well done, I like it indeed! Looking forward to hearing more from you. I'd be interesting to see if you could pull off some of the more glitchy/breaky Aphex Twin tracks.

Oh! Thank you! I'm planning for doing more of Richard music, however the funky stuff he composed, like RDJ album, or Drukqs are way to complex to mimic on calc I think. I'll try my best, but Rich is so genious and crazy that even following or transcribing his music is very difficult.

To be honest, I'm trying to get to know HT2 my best right now, which include recording all custom effects, drums and weird glitches, and catalog them with a descriptions. So I could search the sounds and recall pretty quick. I could make a sample pack or something and use that under Polyend Tracker or any DAW, but I think it would be cheating smile.

PS. Please excuse for the late reply - 2nd dose of vaccine gave me chills!

Yes, it'd have to be a rather minimalist cover. Though you'll find that 6xx/9xx + 8xx/Exx can get you surprisingly far.

nice cover. I didn't know the original until today. You made a great work!

utz wrote:

Yes, it'd have to be a rather minimalist cover. Though you'll find that 6xx/9xx + 8xx/Exx can get you surprisingly far.

Thanks for the tips. I will check and explore!

garvalf wrote:

nice cover. I didn't know the original until today. You made a great work!

Oh, thank you! smile. Music of Aphex Twin is full of surprises, I encourage you to listen more smile