Topic: new chip label

Hi all,

I started a new chip label, mostly experimental stuff, first album out yesterday, by me (as Byte.clone)
and Joss Manley, playing together over internet, in realtime and recorded stuff as is. We are using various
devices, I am also using utz's rawp, with my own algorithmic generator doing tracker part + samples.

If any of you like to send some stuff, please do that, looking forward smile !

Here, the label:

https://zeroflagrecords.bandcamp.com/releases

Re: new chip label

Good news!
Downloading now....

Hmm algorithmic pattern/sample generator, how does that work? Does it write to XM, or directly to .asm? What are the inputs to the algo? I'm asking because I eventually want to support algorithmic data generation natively in the upcoming new libmdal/bintracker, but I'm not not really much into that field myself.

Anyway, nice release wink Hopefully I'll get around to making something for the label one day but first I gotta finish that thing I promised for Bit Rot ages ago... ducks

utz, it generates patterns and sampledata directly to .asm, I haven't add any input/parameters/arguments (yet), code doing mostly simple probability calculations, few lines of code, which can be replaced my any other possible generator(s).

Adding support to data generation natively sounds absolutely wonderful, yours and Shiru's engines are already great stuff for manipulating and generating by algorithms, .asm formats are simple enough for working smile !

Slightly related question, did you ever play around with the Nyquist prompt in Audacity to generate/manipulate wave data?

utz wrote:

Anyway, nice release wink Hopefully I'll get around to making something for the label one day but first I gotta finish that thing I promised for Bit Rot ages ago... ducks

Ha, Ha....
It'll be all the sweeter when it arrives...

wink

No, I haven't used Nyquist in Audacity, at least so far, I think I have tested some stuff with it as standalone version, and in late 80's and 90's some other Roger Dannenberg's audio languages. For any real time algorithmic (etc) stuff I use mostly ChucK, and rest is done by scripting languages and some assembly, depending on what's going on (and CC65, CZZ80, and other cross-compilers).

Hmm, would you by any chance be interested in contributing to libmdal? I haven't defined any API for dealing with MDAL modules yet, but in general what I'm looking for is a set of utility functions for algorithmic pattern data generation that users can glue together to form actual generators. Perhaps later wave data as well, but it's not a priority right now. New lib is written in Scheme (specifically Chicken Scheme).

Well, I am not a good programmer though I have done it decades, and Scheme (and functional programming) in general is not really my thing (old-fashion procedural black terminal guy, I am smile), but otherwise, yes, I am interested. There are some methods possible to do as utility functions for generating pattern (or any data), most quite simple, possible to combine various ways to create more complex functions in functions (in functions ...), what I have seen of MDAL modules, and syntax and general principles, it is kind of perfect platform for algorithmic stuff smile.