Topic: Editor-Only Data

I'd like to add a feature to stitch that utz suggested in the previous forum. That feature is the ability to mark rows. It would allow me to add commands such as "go to next mark", "go to previous mark", and most importantly, "play from previous mark".

Right now, the file format on disk is the raw engine data. I could add another byte to each row of data to store the mark information, but that data is only needed for the editor and not for the engine.

How is this type of data handled on other platforms? Is it included in the engine data? Or is there a separate file format for the editor which is converted to the engine format before playback?

Re: Editor-Only Data

Afaik the only editor that really uses this feature is 1tracker. Which of course has the luxury of storing these markers in it's own 1tm format.

Ok, here's an idea: You only need 1 bit to store a marker. So you can combine it with other data, e.g. drum triggers or per-row tempo settings. Or even note data if you're using a frequency lookup table, because a range of 0x7f notes should be more than enough wink