1 (edited by Shiru 2018-02-06 20:48:26)

Topic: Compo: Di Halt 2018 Lite

A smaller event with ZX beeper compo - Di Halt 2018 Lite. That's the little brother of the summer DI Halt. Deadline is around January 4th.

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

2 (edited by garvalf 2017-12-17 21:23:23)

Re: Compo: Di Halt 2018 Lite

it's time to launch 1tracker or bintracker! (or something older... wink )

Thanks for the reminder Shiru.

I'm in. It's time to hopefully try out one of the new engines smile

Just a day left before the deadline. Three entries so far. You still have a chance!

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

Four entries now smile

Tee hee seems we were having ourselves a nice 1bitforum battle this time yikes

I heard in the party's video stream that organizers were happy with quality of beeper entries this and past years, and only wish there were more entries.

8 (edited by Shiru 2018-01-07 01:15:09)

The results:

1.   7.88   D.S.F. by utz ^ irrlicht project
2.   7.55   Fase Cuatro by Shiru
3.   6.95   Headbanger by Shiru
4.   6.50   The Last Midnight by Tufty ^ 1-bit forum

Congratulations, utz!

Ha, nice. Yeah, DiHalt beeper compos were quite good in recent years (except last year's Lite edition when I was the only one to submit). They better send me a diploma this time, though wink Anyway, thanks to you, Shiru, for that awesome Squat engine!

Well done utz, deserved win. Great track as always. I liked all the others too. Would never have guessed the earthshaker engine for headbanger. I thought it was maybe phaser 3.

My track was created very quickly in 1 session into the early hours of the morning so didn't have as much time as I usually put in. I did try and write something that I thought might appeal to the party goers though smile

Best score I've ever received for a track in that compo smile

Btw utz, was your track the one you played a few seconds of at this years IVP during your beeper engine presentation ?

Wow, utz, that was Squat?! I thought it is one of your awesome engines.

Don't worry, AtariTufty, I earned my first ever last place this time too (in MP3), woohoo!

Hey, I like your mp3 entry! And massive props for that Earth Shaker track as well.
Squat is great for me, as it enables me to get stuff done quickly. Somehow it reminds me of the days when things were simpler wink but then with great sound and sampled drums. I might have a bug report though (1tracker keeps throwing "engine provided no data" errors at me), but I'll check if it still happens in 0.29 first.

Yes, please test it in 0.29, as there were many fixes to many engines, and report if there are issues.

Cheers Shiru.

I liked your MP3 track too, cool use of the disk sounds smile

Thanks, guys. Here is a little video that shows how the floppy song is made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6gGCLnFvPo