Topic: PCB for Beeper (and other chiptunes) musics
I'm working on a PCB for creating a general purpose chiptune platform:
- 1 bit music player (on arduino)
- it can get music from the arduino memory. 1 bit music don't need much memory so this time a whole song, even a complex one, can fit in the memory. It might be possible to stream data from SD if the 1-bit music engine chosen is the same for all the songs.
- it should be possible to create a 1-bit synth, but I don't know why. Probably not an easy task.
- AY-3-8910 emulator (on atmega8), driven by the arduino nano.
- It can replay sinclair, atari, amstrad chiptunes from the sd card
- it might be possible to use it as a (very simple and dirty) AY synth! The avray creator helped me for this, for sending simple notes, I just need to code the synth now, I'll reuse parts from the sid synth)
- Sid emulator (on arduino)
- it can replay some sid files, from the arduino memory, which is limited (so tunes will be cut). I'd like to find a way to stream the tune from the sd card, it's probably possible
- it can be used as a Sid synth (see previous messages)
- Mozzy synth (see https://sensorium.github.io/Mozzi/ ), which can output fun FM sounds and many other effects.
There will be also room for adding light sensors and use the whole thing as a noise box...
It's not rocket science, I've just reuse code and parts from other projects. For the beeper part, it just adds a low pass filter (which might be improved for this purpose, I'm reusing the one adviced from AVRAY)
Besides a low pass filter there is also:
- arduino nano
- SD card reader
- Midi DIN-5 connector
Some sound examples:
- beeper music: http://garvalf.free.fr/index.php?page=blog_2017-02-12
- http://picosong.com/HUGM/ (Xenon / Spectrum)
- http://picosong.com/wseMn/ (Cauldron / Amstrad)
- https://soundcloud.com/memento-somniare/sidarduino-test (C64 SID synth)
- http://battleofthebits.org/arena/Entry/ … ter/26509/ (personal creation, for zx spectrum)
I'll sell the PCB card alone (if it works as expected), for a cheap price like 3 or 4 € without shipping , and also some complete kits and assembled product (should be below 20 € without shipping)
The github project:
A picture of the PCB: