Topic: Call for Action: LSengine tribute musicdisk

A few weeks ago, we received official blessing from Lyndon Sharp to use his beeper routine, so the long-standing legal questions surrounding this unique engine have finally been answered.

For this occasion, Shiru proposed that we get together for a little tribute compilation. The release will be a .tap image for the ZX Spectrum (+ possible mp3 release, if I get bored enough).

Of course you're all invited to join! All you have to do is compose an LSengine track, either with 1tracker or with the XM converter. Send your works (preferably as .asm, .1tm or .xm is also ok) to 1bitforum at posteo dot net before August 13th, 2017.

In the unlikely case of a large number of submissions, we may have to do a pre-selection, since there's only so much you can cram into 48K of RAM.

Re: Call for Action: LSengine tribute musicdisk

Great idea Shiru.

Are we limited to the original LSengine or are his other ones ok too ?

Including the new digi drums engine extracted a few weeks ago?

getting fame thanks to a 1-bit composition? Count me in!

me too, count me in smile !

I've just sent an email with my contribution.

Oh my, it's been two years now. Two years of 'I'm too tired today, will get back to a song tomorrow'.

At least a new related thing, sampled all three known engines as a SF2 pack. May come handy in prototyping a song with a modern tool, or to bring up these pretty unique sounds into a modern mix.

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

Neat! I guess your next music album will be an "enhanced 1-bit" one?

Yes, something of this kind is certainly in my plains, with use of all the 1-bit VSTs and some of the old engines, too.

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)