Topic: SillyVenture 1-bit Compo

Hello,

http://www.sillyventure.eu/en/

1bit music compo "GTIA MSX Compo"

maybe someone wants take part.

I can help with player for Atari 8 bit - Beepola (Phaser/Tritone) and so...

Re: SillyVenture 1-bit Compo

I want to make an entry, but I don't know if I will have the time. Especially considering deadline is 1 week before the party, aka next Friday.

there are already three submitted msx :-)

1. Fox Chase    723    Bocianu
2. The Wild Walker    695    The Fender
3. Humptatari    663    utz/irrlicht project
4. Rock Dat Gabba    545    Cepe/Animkomials

Alright, I can live with that wink
Are the works available for download somewhere?

http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/parties/prod … msx/!GTIA/

Yes, I knew about this one, but it contains only 2/4 entries.

done

Thanks! "The Wild Walker" is pretty cool.

Sillyventure 2k17 will have a GTIA compo again. Deadline is December 1st, and the usual rules apply.

I for one think it would be nice to have an original GTIA engine for this, not just the usual ports from Spectrum. XXL, czy możesz napisać nowy (oryginalny) engine dla GTIA?

wow, you're talking Polish as well Utz!

Ha, I wish! I know only a few basic phrases in Polish, this one is courtesy of my friend Google Translate big_smile

The SillyVenture party starts in 5 weeks.

http://www.sillyventure.eu/pl/compos

Maybe someone would like to take part in "MSX GTIA Compo" - 1bit music.

Thanks for the reminder! Would have totally forgotten about it, since normally SV happens towards the end of the year.
I'm tempted to join this and maybe also 2600 msx, but I'm not sure I'll have time to make something.

they've made a neat website! I haven't been on it for such a long time...

There are three weeks left to send in your work :-)

17 (edited by Shiru 2021-08-09 08:56:37)

Sent my GTIA entry to SV, Grey responded it is the only one so far. So if anyone up to it, would be nice to have more!

Spoiler, it is a Squat tune, so there is a 6502 port now, and you can have it. Looking at you, utz!

Can also port some other engine if someone got a tune for an engine that hasn't been ported yet, but there is too little time, so hurry up.

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

!!! Squat at Atari :-)

I'm sorry, but I won't make it. Too much stuff going on right now.

https://www.sillyventure.eu/en/compos

31 days to go....

Thanks for the info! I'll try to make a Squat tune for the GTIA compo but I can't guarantee anything.

Wanted to participate, however, seems I have missed this one. I somehow expected the deadline to be a day or two before the party, but now I see it was five days back already - when I was busy with the other stuff. I understand the reasoning behind his, but to me demoscene never really worked like that, it always has been work till the very last second before deadline.

Alas, but at least I'll hope to do some more 1-bit stuff later this year.

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

From what I remember SV isn't super strict with these deadlines. They are more there to motivate people to send stuff earlier than last minute, but I don't think they actually refuse entries that arrive later. I've definitely send stuff past the deadline before.

send, they will definitely accept it, and if you have a problem with it, send it to me and I will deliver your work personally :-)

Hehe, guys, this does not work like this. I'm not sitting on a pile of finished GTIA songs ready to be sent anytime, it had to be made from scratch just before the deadline. So not this time... Nevermind, I'm actually just made one, sent it already. Don't know if it'll make to the compo, but let's hope. It sounds a bit glitchy compared to the ZX version, but as usual, there is no time to figure out what is wrong (kind of a sound port contention?). Party version it is!