76 (edited by garvalf 2016-10-25 19:52:06)

Re: HoustonTracker 2 (TI-82/83/83+/84+)

I think it's my recording which is not very clean (direct line in into a computer). Probably the drums saturate too much.

Imma post my old super mario main theme cover!
https://soundcloud.com/damn-dull-giako/ … ator-music

Ahahaha, yes! Me <3 Speedcore. Also, this is a whole new level of "Mario on a rave" big_smile

Woah, it's been more than a year since i started composing on ht2. I swear, i kept using this awesome tracker and i completely forget how to Lsdj. big_smile Guess it's time for me to record all my music, i just need to build a filter for the ultra high frequencies that my calc has.
Quick suggestion: why not adding somewhere on the screen the current savestate number? Everytime i compose for a long time, i completely forget in what savestate i'm working and sometime i've accidentally overwritten a song.

Good suggestion, that might indeed be useful. I think I had thought about it at some point, but completely forgot along the way. I'll put it on my to-do list for 2.30 wink

https://pixelflood.bandcamp.com/track/c … pace-alien
New HT2 track! This time, in free download with many other chiptunes from Italy.
Happy holidays y'all!

Finally got around to listening to this properly. Awesome track, love that grinding fx at the end!

Talkin' bout da tracker at Revision last weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UgSDAkXAJw
Rather technical, with a lot of uhhm and ehhm, and a failed demonstration of the QED68 sound routine at the end.

Really great video, was very interesting to watch.

Never was able to make my TI calc connect to PC, and it eventually bricked out on its own by just laying around (not powering on no matter what), so I never was able to see the thing in action. As I understand from the docs, the only way of data exchange in HT2 is the save states, i.e. loading/saving snapshot back and forth by the OS/linking software means. However, as the tracker naturally uses the I/O port as an audio output, it could be also used for a 'tape save' routine to store songs data to an external media (any modern audio recording device) quite easily. Such feature could be handy for frequent backup purposes.

Thanks! I had initially planned on implementing this, but ultimately abandoned the idea, mostly because of my lack of experience in coding such a system. At the current stage, it would be quite tricky to add, because there's just a few hundred bytes of memory left. And there's actually a few other features that I still want to implement (advanced live mode, better copy/paste/clone support), so I'd rather spend the remaining bytes on this. I might consider it again at some point, but at the moment I'd rather try to convince the TiLP guys to try and add Android support, which would probably solve the problem for many people as well.

Btw, a call for action to everyone: Please do test the latest beta versions from github. There are a couple of nasty issues which I need to sort out before I can progress further. So far I've had no luck with these, so any input on them is highly appreciated.