v0.20 Now with Phaser3
v0.21 Forgot what it was, was a silent update
v0.22 Now with BuzzKick and blocks instead of markers
v0.23 Block list, block names, fixes
v0.24 Alternative menu, 'chopped' view
v0.25 SDL2, many fonts and color schemes, Pytha engine
v0.26 Faster Z80 assembler, various bug fixes
v0.27 Cached engines list, Octode 2k15/PWM/2k16, plus a SN76489 engine
v0.28 Quiet mode, minor fixes. Now with wtbeep, AntEater, povver, and quattropic
v0.29 Conditional compilation in assembler, flexible envelope editor customizations, more engines
v0.30 SDL and AS libs update, related code changes, minor tweaks, x64 support
v0.31 Many minor fixes, engines fixes, letter type column, recent errors display, R register emulation
v0.32 Better chop mode, module optimization, many minor fixes and improvements
v0.4 Improved API, better envelope and text editors, WAV file export (Ctrl+F8), built-in doc viewer for engines (F6).
v0.41 Minor fixes and improvements, a maintenance release.
v0.42 The Side track experimental feature implemented.
v0.43 Minor improvements to the Side track feature, module name displayed in the window title.
v0.44 Reference blocks introduced. RowOpt fixed.
v0.45 Maintenance release, minor fixes in the front end and engines. Phaser4, latest Ear Shaver EX.
v0.46 Sample Tracker engine and related changes in the Game_Music_Emu to make it work.
v0.47 Introduced PlayLayer that incapsulates a customized Game_Music_Emu. Covox/Stereo Covox/SounDrive support.

Download Windows x86 build
Download Windows x64 build
Download source code (should be buildable under Linux)

List of supported ZX beeper engines:

AntEater
Archie
BuzzKick
Ear Shaver
Ear Shaver EX
Earth Shaker
fluidcore
Tim Follin's 3 channel (from Vectron)
Huby
Lyndon Sharp's MB (from Super Dragon)
Lyndon Sharp's 1989
Lyndon Sharp's 1990
Music Box (Wham), complete with drums
Music Studio
Music Synth 48K
nanobeep
ntropic
Octode
Octode 2k15
Octode 2k16
Octode PWM
Octode XL
PeskySoundZX
Phaser 1
Phaser 2
Phaser 3
Phaser 4
PhaserX
povver
POWW
prdr
Pytha
qaop
QChan
quattropic
rawp
Robin
Sample Tracker
Squat
SquatE
Squeeker
Squeeker Plus
Stocker
tBeepr
Tritone
Tritone Digi
Velvet
Vibra
wtbeep
xtone
yawp
ZX-3
ZX-7
ZX-10

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

2 (edited by utz 2015-07-25 12:06:01)

Re: 1tracker v0.47

Yippee! Yes, Phaser2! I'm very, very happy right now.
However, not completely happy because unfortunately I get an "not a valid win32 executable" error when trying to run this (XP SP3).
Ok, I'll see if I can compile it from source for Linux. Though without krue's compile guide I think it'll be tricky...

edit: not getting very far:

angelscript/scriptarray/scriptarray.cpp:15:34: error: ‘asAllocMem’ was not declared in this scope
 static asALLOCFUNC_t userAlloc = asAllocMem;
                                  ^
angelscript/scriptarray/scriptarray.cpp:16:34: error: ‘asFreeMem’ was not declared in this scope
 static asFREEFUNC_t  userFree  = asFreeMem;
                                  ^
angelscript/scriptarray/scriptarray.cpp: In member function ‘void CScriptArray::Precache()’:
angelscript/scriptarray/scriptarray.cpp:1525:11: error: ‘class asIScriptFunction’ has no member named ‘GetParam’
     func->GetParam(0, &paramTypeId, &flags);
           ^
makefile:6: recipe for target 'angelscript/scriptarray/scriptarray.o' failed
make: *** [angelscript/scriptarray/scriptarray.o] Error 1

3 (edited by Shiru 2015-07-25 13:39:58)

Well, I downloaded my archive and tested it on two PCs, both with Windows 7, one is x86, another is x64. It works.

As for makefile, I don't use it, and there were changes in the project, so it is outdated. I don't know how to fix it.

Edit: Ok, I googled about this issue, and indeed, VS2013 (unfortunately needed to compile JIT) has some bullshit setting that affects this. Tried to change and recompile, please re-download and test it.

website - 1bit music - other music - youtube - bandcamp - patreon - twitter (latest news there)

Yes, that did the trick, thanks. Btw took me a while to figure out how to operate the instrument editor, you might want to add those keys to the help page.

Unfortunately I'm very busy at the moment so it'll be a while before I get around to really digging into this, but nevertheless a huge thank you, Shiru.

We had the linux guide on the other forum, right? sad

I've tried to run version 0.19 through wine, it works but it's very slow. I've also tried to compile it on Linux, but it seems to be complicated. If I remember well, we had to grab some angelscript sources elsewhere and compile them in advance...

Patch for Linux support: http://krue.net/1tracker/1tracker_linux … 7.27.patch

The patch currently only works for 64bit systems.

After applying the patch to the contents of 1tracker_src.zip:
1. delete the contents of angelscript/lib
2. make in angelscript/project/gnuc
3. make in the top level directory
4. copy 1tracker to the contents of 1tracker.zip

Ah, thanks krue. Alas, I only have a 32 bit system - any idea what changes I'd need to make? At the moment gcc chokes on scriptbuilder.cpp, with some weird errors like

angelscript/scriptbuilder/scriptbuilder.cpp:808:83: error: invalid conversion from ‘int*’ to ‘asUINT* {aka unsigned int*}’ [-fpermissive]
     t = engine->ParseToken(&modifiedScript[pos], modifiedScript.size() - pos, &len);
                                                                                   ^
In file included from angelscript/scriptbuilder/scriptbuilder.h:25:0,
                 from angelscript/scriptbuilder/scriptbuilder.cpp:1:
./angelscript/include/angelscript.h:764:24: note: initializing argument 3 of ‘virtual asETokenClass asIScriptEngine::ParseToken(const char*, size_t, asUINT*) const’
  virtual asETokenClass ParseToken(const char *string, size_t stringLength = 0, asUINT *tokenLength = 0) const = 0;

In the top level makefile, change the occurrences of virtual_asm_x64 to virtual_asm_x86.

Yes, it works! Thanks a ton, krue!

Excellent. You're welcome. The sound seems to work better on this version too.

Thank you Krue (and Shiru, of course), it works fine for me too!

Sorry guys, another update. Now with Phaser3.

I've tried to use 1tracker more on Linux. Unfortunately, for stocker engine I only get sounds from the drum, not the instruments. And for most other engines, I get sound but as soon as they play a bit too much (when entering notes they start playing and loop), then it crashes and I get a segmentation fault. (No crash with Tim Follin 3ch so it's probably related to some engines).

Latest builds have 3 new engines: OctodeXL, ZX-7, and the newly created prdr.

@garvalf: What Linux flavour are you using? Haven't encountered these problems under Debian, though I haven't tested it thoroughly yet.

@Shiru: ZX-7 engine is giving me problems, complains about "the engine does not provide any data".

with the 0.20 release and on an other computer, it seems to work without crashing so I'm happy... (@utz I'm using Linux Mint)
For the Stocker engine I didn't notice I had to create the enveloppe so now I can get sound. For ZX7 it's working, just I got a few "the engine does not provide any data" at the beginning then nothing more...

krue wrote:

Excellent. You're welcome. The sound seems to work better on this version too.

Looks like 1tracker is on version 0.21 now, do we need a new patch?

I may be a bit optimistic trying to get this going on OS X... has anyone done that before?

So far I failed to build version 0.21 on Linux, so we might indeed need a new patch.
In theory it should be possible to build 1tracker under OS X, since it's SDL based.

Any news here? smile

Sadly, no. But it's good you remind me, I'll try to poke krue for a new patch file at least.

20 (edited by Shiru 2016-03-09 02:56:45)

1tracker updated to v0.22. Changed the markers (set by the Space button) into blocks, just like SNESGSS, where it proved to work much better. Ctrl+L (select channel) and Ctrl+A (select all channels) now alternate between the whole song and current block on each press, which is really convinient. Font and color scheme is tweaked to (hopefully) more pleasant experience.

Excellent! I find the new block system very intuitive, and it will indeed help to speed up the (already fast) workflow.
Btw, how difficult would it be to display an automatically generated block list to the right of the screen (accessible with some hotkey, for faster navigation in the song)?

I'm thinking how to implement it in 1tracker. SNESGSS had similar feature (Ctrl+F), worked well.

Found a number of issues with copy/paste and expand/shring after previous changes, so I need to fix them first.

23 (edited by Shiru 2016-03-10 02:39:43)

Implemented block list and names. Press Space to split the song into blocks, press Ctrl+F inside a block to edit its name. All blocks listed on the right, along with their names. There is the old navigation with Home/End keys that allows to jump between blocks, thus inside the list, so there is no separate keys for this.

The issues I mentioned in the post above were fixed too.

Perfect, this is exactly what I had hoped for. Thank you very much!

One little question, is it still possible to configure the color scheme? The current scheme isn't bad at all, but I like to work with a black background.

Sure, just edit palette of the font.bmp, with Graphics Gale or something. It was configurable like that since the very first version. Details on the palette indexes is in the docs/readme.txt