Re: next gen engine ideas

Cooking up some new stuff. Seems like I've got phase distortion synthesis working. Not entirely sure if I got the maths correct, but it sounds interesting at least.

Post's attachments

test.tap 600 b, 8 downloads since 2020-12-26 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

utz wrote:

Cooking up some new stuff. Seems like I've got phase distortion synthesis working. Not entirely sure if I got the maths correct, but it sounds interesting at least.

Sounds best when at lower frequencies. Maybe fine tune it to mimic a low frequency EQ filter, like what the SID can do.

Yes, was thinking the same thing. What I'd really want is to have some sort of an lfo-controlled lo-pass. A simple FIR lo-pass at a fixed cut-off is fairly easy to implement, but I haven't been able to pull off a variable cut-off in constant CPU time. Maybe could be done with another table lookup but I'm currently already short one register pair for implementing the second channel.

Horray, got it working in 2 channels, with lfo-controlled resonance. That was surprisingly tough. Sadly, no room for a low-pass. It's also fairly noisy when mixing 2 channels. Will try to get it a little cleaner than this, though I'm slowly running out of ideas.

Post's attachments

test_2ch_v2.tap 1.07 kb, 12 downloads since 2020-12-28 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

it has great potential. hopefully it will develop into something bigger.

Oh wow, love it utz.

A new beeper sound again smile