Topic: List of Atari GTIA engines and converters
Below you can find a list of all available 1-bit routines for Atari 8-bit computers and their GTIA chip. There are currently no native engines for this platform. All the available ones were originally developed for the ZX Spectrum beeper, and were ported to Atari by XXL. For tutorials on usage, refer to the ZX beeper list.
LSengine by Lyndon Sharp
- 2 tone channels + non-interrupting sample drums
- custom synthesis
Octode by Shiru
- 8 tone channels + interrupting click drums
- pulse-frequency modulated (pin pulse) sound
Qchan by Shiru
- 4 tone channels + interrupting click drums
- pulse-frequency modulated (pin pulse) sound, volume control, envelopes
Tritone by Shiru
- 3 tone channels + interrupting click drums
- pulse-interleaving (square wave) sound, variable pulse-width
XXL has also ported several other engines including Music Studio, Octode XL, Phaser1, ZX-7, and ZX-10, but there are currently no converters available for these.