Re: HoustonTracker 2 (TI-82/83/83+/84+)

Hey, sorry for the double post but I remembered I had a better calculator that wasn't 7 years old and dysfunctional. This one seems to be recording much better. While I'm not sure if the ringing is 100% gone, as it still sounds a bit better to me with headphones directly going into the calculator, the audio is nowhere near as off as before.

Re: HoustonTracker 2 (TI-82/83/83+/84+)

Hi, this makes me think, since you're not the first to report this "ringing" problem. I think what might be happening is that there could be an unhealthy clash between HT's sample rate and the sample rate of the recording device. Though I see you already recorded at 48 KHz, which in theory should be enough to mitigate such issues. Still, try to record at 44.1 KHz just to see what happens.
Also, the usual advice - a fresh set of batteries will improve the sound. Furthermore, it appears that some mixers/recording devices are too "noisy" (ie. they leak too much phantom voltage) whichwill cause slowdown on some calcs. Does your calc appear to play faster with headphones plugged in vs. your line-in?